Wednesday 12 May 2010

Chipotle

It's taken America by storm and is trying to do the same in the UK with it's flagship restaurant in London. I went on the opening day, which might have been a mistake as every American in London had descended upon the place. The queues were out of the door and only continued to grow behind me during the 40 minutes I waited.

Was the food worth the wait? That's debatable. What really tips this place into the 2 star zone is the price, with a standard burrito (and the other variations) all coming in at around £7, with the intensive task of blobbing on guacamole costing an extra £1.40. I don't know about you, but I'd invest in the avocado market as it seems they're are more valuable than gold right now.

If Chipotle opened up more chains to meet demand and reduced their prices to a more palatable £5 they could seriously rake in the cash and probably deserve 4 stars. Until they do I'm sticking with 2.

Also, I'd avoid the extra spicy salsa. This didn't happen to me but South Park get their parodies from somewhere...



































Details:

Chipotle
114-116 Charing Cross Road
London, WC2H 0JR
020 783 6849

Closest tube(s): Tottenham Court Road, Leicester Square Price pp: £10

There's no map as they've forgotten to get it listed on Google as of this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment